Development Officer/School Clinician
Organization: Alberta Netball Association (ANA)
Position: Development Officer/School Netball Clinician
Reports to: ANA Executive (specifically the President)
Location: Calgary, AB – occasional travel required within Alberta
Hours: Part Time,15-20hours per week dependent on workload requirements, evening/weekend work as required
Remuneration: To be determined based on qualifications/experience of the successful applicant
Objective: To provide quality introductory Netball programmes for junior players within Alberta which emphasise skill development and active participation in a safe and enjoyable environment. Primarily, the position will implement the Alberta Netball Schools Development Program and provide opportunities for every young person to participate in and progress through the player programme.
In addition, the role will provide administrative assistance to the association including fund development, marketing and general business development such as developing relationships and instigating programs with facilities, organizations and people that will support the growth of netball in Alberta.
Youth Development – School Clinics and NETS
- Schedule clinics and/or activities to deliver the ANA Netball Clinic Program
- Complete relevant administration requirements and invoicing associated with the ANA Netball Clinic Program
- Deliver teacher clinics, school clinics and/or development activities.
- Identification of Schools and Community partners for program enrollment.
- Develop, schedule and deliver summer netball clinic programs with appropriate partners.
- Contact schools in Alberta about our NETS program, enroll the school, present the equipment, provide a teacher clinic, and conduct a year end review of the program with the school.
- Accurately manage records, information and databases for school clinics, summer camps and NETS program.
- Promote and support ANA aims and objectives of junior development across Alberta.
ANA Operational - first contact for ANA, insurance maintenance, inventory management, ANA calendar maintenance
Business Development - identifying and developing relationships with external stakeholders, scheduling and attending awareness events to promote netball
Financial - grant writing and reporting, filing and reporting of expenses to be reconciled by the ANA treasurer
Tournament Coordination - event management including booking venue, volunteer committee management, schedules and run sheets, communication with teams
Provincial Teams Support - logistics including booking travel, accommodation, catering, transport and team uniform and bags
Candidates for the position of Netball Development Officer will require coaching experience of junior players, as well as having a range of personal and professional skills.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, passion and energy for the sport of netball and its growth in Alberta.
- Well-developed communication skills, and demonstrated ability to relate effectively with all kinds of stakeholders.
- Accept feedback constructively.
- A high level of self-motivation and initiative, including the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong time management, communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and/or willingness to learn a variety of software’s including Google Suite Apps, Teamlinkt and Quickbooks
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as requested
- Vulnerable sector clearance check (can be completed once position offered)
- Current government issue class 5 drivers license
- Experience of working with youth, ideally in education settings
- Fund development and reporting
- Working with a volunteer board, or with a minor sports association
- Travel coordination for groups
- Vehicle in good working order with capacity to carry collapsible netball posts and equipment bag
- NCCP Level 2 (NCCP Level B) coaching accreditation, equivalent or higher.
- Current First Aid certification
Closing date: September 30, 2023
To apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org