Hello Netball community,
Fall normally goes hand in hand with the start of a new netball season. This year is a little different. We have recently completed a comprehensive Return to Play document which is now being reviewed by the Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation arm of the Government of Alberta. Once that review is complete we will be able to commence some limited netball programming, working within the constraints of limited gym time slots. Stay tuned for more information.
In addition to spending time developing a Return to Play strategy, members of the Executive have been reviewing the bylaws of the Alberta Netball Association (ANA), with a view to strengthening the overall governance.
For the upcoming year we have decided to implement a more transparent way to become a member of ANA. This year we will be offering memberships to ANA for $5 for the current financial year, if registered prior to October 31 2020. After this date the full membership fee will be applied. Please note this is not a fee for participation in a program, it is a membership fee, which includes the following benefits:
• Access to personal injury insurance when participating in an event sanctioned by the Association eg Provincial training, city leagues or tournaments
• Receive communication of ANA sanctioned events, such as leagues and tournaments across Alberta
• Invitation to coaching and umpiring clinics
• Invitation to trial for Provincial squads
• Receive notices of meetings, including the Annual General Meeting, where members vote on the election of Directors and other business relating to the running of the Association
• Canadian Amateur Netball Association and International Netball Federation fees
The benefits of this approach is that our membership base will be clearly defined and separated from program registration, making it easier to communicate with all members of the Association, and report on our membership numbers for grant reporting purposes. Players will not be able to register for a sanctioned netball program unless they are a member of ANA.
To become a member of ANA for the current financial year (up to August 31, 2021) please go to the Sports Sign Up Portal to complete the registration form and payment.
Please note that the tentative date for the Annual General Meeting is November 22nd, 2020 at Southland Leisure Centre. More information will follow on the social distancing measures that will be in place. In order to be eligible to receive notice of the meeting and to vote at the meeting a person must be registered as a member 22 days prior to the meeting date. So please take 5 mins to register as a member now!
The ANA Executive looks forward to seeing our netball friends and family at the AGM!